Role of the Mediator
· Neutral party who helps identify issues, facilitate discussion and
encourage creative solutions with a focus on the future.
· Works with the parties to create a safe environment that
encourages mutual respect, understanding and a positive problem-
· Helps each party identify and discuss their own needs and
interests, and understand and respect the other party's needs and
· Assists both parties in understanding their ability to take
responsibility for resolving their issues by working together to
develop a solution that meets everyone's needs and interests.
· Informs parties about the law as it may apply to their situation but
emphasizes that applying the law is only one option.
> What is Mediation?
> Benefits of Mediation
> Mediation and the LGBTQ community