Benefits of Collaborative Practice
· The parties are in control of the process and create solutions that
meet their needs and the needs of their family.
· The parties communicate directly with each other and work
together to resolve their issues. The parties are responsible for
creating their own solutions in a constructive setting and with a
focus on the future.
· Collaborative Practice is time and cost effective. Litigating through
the court system can be both time consuming and expensive.
Resolving conflict through Collaborative Practice enables the parties
to create their own time frame and work efficiently according to
their own needs and interests.
· Collaborative attorneys are committed to working together to help
create a productive and positive atmosphere. The attorneys agree
that they will not represent their respective clients in a court-based
action. This commitment removes the threat of litigation and
allows the parties to be creative, open and committed to
resolving their issues in a safe and secure environment.
· Couples ending their relationship may find that their
communication does not end when their relationship does. If you
have children together, you have a lifetime of communicating with
each other. Working together through Collaborative Practice can
help you to make the transition in your relationship and effectively
communicate in the future.
> What is Collaborative Practice?
> Role of Collaborative Attorneys
> Collaborative Practice and the LGBTQ community